Texas A&M Foundation Trustees' Outstanding Student Award
October 31, 2012
Nominate a student for the award
In May, the Texas A&M Foundation Trustees' Outstanding Student Award will provide $2,500 to a Texas A&M graduating senior who has been a campus leader with high academic achievement and has overcome personal or family financial challenges.
- Demonstrated financial need and current or past recipient of a Foundation-supported scholarship
- Minimum GPR of 3.0
- Completed at least two-thirds of degree requirements while enrolled at Texas A&M University
- Graduated in five years or less
- Have served as a leader of one or more Texas A&M student organizations (such as Student Government Association), or in a national- or state-recognized student organization (such as Texas or National Future Farmers of America), or in any other non-Texas A&M service group (such as a community nonprofit or church group).
Applicants will primarily be judged on
their achievements while overcoming
personal or family financial challenges.
Nominations can be made through the month of November from anyone associated with Texas A&M;
self-nominations are accepted.
Nominate a student for the award.
Applications will be emailed to qualified nominees in early December and will be due Friday, Jan. 18, 2013. Applications will include:
- A completed application form (to be provided to nominees via email in early December)
- One-page résumé
- Letter(s) of recommendation (maximum of three letters limited to one page each)
Selection Process and Award Presentation
The award recipient will be selected by the Texas A&M Foundation Board of Trustees and will be notified in March or April. He or she must attend the dinner honoring the Foundation's outgoing trustee in May and give a brief acceptance speech.
Return to Listing